A delight for the senses, and a treat for the soul, The Pleasure Garden is a place where imagination and magic coalesce into sensory wonder.
Kicking off summer, this boutique festival will see St Kilda turn into an immersive, creative arts and music feast. Get down with headliners Fat Freddy’s Drop, Canadian glitch superstar Stickybuds, and joined by Ed Solo, Baker Boy, Opiuo, Montaigne, Remi, L-Fresh The Lion, Willaris.K and many more.
1) What’s the best song to get down to at a festival?
The one with the best rhythm section… I’m pretty open to most musical styles and if the beat is hummin’ then it’s all good. Rock, reggae, rare groove…. whatever.
2) What’s your highlight festival set been in the past and why
We played Sonar Festival in Barcelona a few months back – that was a highlight of this year. And Boomtown in the UK was pretty special too – a huge crowd in a crazy setting and we felt like we nailed it.
3) When attending a festival, what are the 3 most essential things to bring
Comfortable Shoes, Fun Friends & Your Naughty Streak
4) Who else are you looking forward to seeing at the Pleasure Garden?
I have to be honest and say I don’t know too much about the other acts – which actually makes it really cool, because I will undoubtedly leave with some new music to listen to.
5) And lastly, what can we expect from a Fat Freddy’s Drop show at the Pleasure Garden?
To paraphrase Mr Gump… “You never quite know what you’re gonna get”. That said we’ll helpfully be playing a a new tune or two.